Whether it’s every day or once a week, buying groceries is something we all have to do. So when it comes to building awareness for your brand there’s no going past the Today Network.
Because every grocery buyer has different shopping habits, we wanted to delve a little deeper into the purchasing habits of our Today Network listeners and what influences them to buy certain products.
Here’s what we found:
- Today listeners say that in their household, they are doing on average 74% of the household grocery shopping.
- The majority of Today’s main grocery buyers are females aged 25-54. However more than a third are also males.
- More than half do one main shop per week, but 65% still do a top up shop up to 3 times a week. The most popular days to head to the store are Thursday and Saturday – with 4 in 5 of Today GBs visiting the grocery store before 5pm.
- 84% are spending up to $150 per shop and when they’re walking down the aisles – 71% compare prices and 69% look for special and promotions.
- Plus, whilst 60% mainly look for the same everyday items, 43% admit they regularly purchase items on impulse.
- So what motivates them to buy certain products? 82% say the best value, 76% say specials and promotions, while 50% say the cheapest price.
- The majority of Today GBs are buying all of their grocery products from their main supermarket, however for certain items like fruit and vegetables, meat and health and beauty products, they are being purchasing from stand-alone stores like fruit markets, butchers, bakeries and health food stores.
Whilst the majority of Today GBs prefer to head in-store to make their grocery purchases, more than 1 in 7 like the convenience and ease of online shopping and home delivery.
Whether it’s for fresh produce or a box of cereal, grocery shopping is a necessity for all households and when it comes to reaching grocery buyers, there’s no going past the Today Network.
The Today Network can help you talk to grocery buyers at key times across the day and with popular breakfast and afternoon shows, and provides the perfect environment for brands to advertise on.